Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Adrianna: One


It was night when Adrianna Leavitt made it to her new home in New Riverview. She hadn't left much behind her in Sunset Valley, just a couple of ghosts and an old family home she never wanted. She was here to make a fresh start away from the dramas of her past.



Since it was late all she could do was climb into her new bed and fall asleep.



The next morning she set about making herself some breakfast before starting her daily routine. She wondered while the waffles cooked if this town was really the right choice. Her mother had always spoken fondly of the small town but that had been before the town had been abandoned and rebuilt. Most of the structures were the same but the people here had no relation to the people her mother had known.  She supposed only time would tell if she made the right decision. 

After breakfast she got right to her daily workout. Fitness had always been her biggest hobby, if she didn't spend an hour a day working out she felt like she’d wasted it. 

Once her workout was finished and she’d freshened up she headed down to the local police department and picked up her work information. Since she’d be starting tomorrow she decided to explore the town a bit.

Her first stop was one of the small parks in the middle of the main town. She sat down at a chess board and challenged herself to a match. Next to exercise chess was her passion.

 Hours later she finished her chess match and headed to a small diner for dinner.

Since she had splurged on a burger and fries she made herself jog home rather than calling a cab.


In the morning she had a quick breakfast before rushing out the door to catch her carpool.



Work ended up being a long day as she was asked to stay late and help with paperwork. It wasn't exactly the glamorous work Adrianna had been hoping for but it was a start. When she arrived home she prepared herself some dinner and then got to her workout since she’d missed it in the morning.
As she climbed into bed that night she noticed the creepy glow of the full moon and frowned. Full moons brought meant zombies, hopefully none disturbed her rest tonight. 

A peaceful night of sleep later and Adrianna found herself with a big fat promotion.


 Looking to celebrate she headed down to one of the bars downtown. Unfortunately the one she picked was deserted.


Never one to let things get her down she headed across the street to the warehouse, where she was greeted by the proprietor, who immediately started flirting with her. Adrianna was used to this kind of attention she spent her high school days moving from one guy to the next, so she smiled back at him and did some flirting of her own.

 The night drew to a close and she decided it was time to head home figuring she’d come back and chat with the cute proprietor again another night.




*******





So it's pretty short but I never seem to take enough pictures even when I think I've taken a ton. This is my first attempt at actually blogging a Legacy. I have probably attempted to actually do the challenge like a billion times but I always seem to give up around the 2nd to 3rd generation. I figure this time if I blog it I'll be more motivated to actually finish. I'm not really that thrilled with this chapter but it is what it is, I'm never really happy with my writing anyway.

Roll for Generation One is: 

Marital Structure: Single
Number of Children: Two
Income: Law Enforcement (Forensics)
Generation Goal: Fulfilled
Misc. Fun: Live your trait























4 comments:

  1. I think it was a good opening chapter. You set the scene for who she is and was, and why she moved and showed us what she likes to do.
    Look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with gemly, you are off to a good start.
    Blogging a story often does keep you motivated to carry on with a legacy. At least for me it does. =D
    Welcome to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swore when I was a kid, that if I had a girl I was going to name her Adrianna. I so loved that name. Funny thing though, my husband hated it, lol.

    You're off to a nice start! The first chapter of the first legacy is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Lol my husband hated most of the names I liked too!

      Delete