Thursday, January 24, 2013

Adrianna: Three

“I’m surprised you let me come over so late.” Fall tells her after she lets him in.
“I had a hectic day, I wanted to blow off some steam.” She tells him stepping closer.
“Had a little fire?” He asks not backing away.
“Nearly destroyed my kitchen.”
“I’m sorry to hear that, anything I can do to make it better?”
“I can think of something.”

Closing the distance between them Adrianna goes for it getting the exact response she hoped for.

As she had expected Fall had left after things had finished the night before leaving Adrianna content with her decision. Though she noticed her cereal tasted a little off.

 When she went out to collect the papers after her breakfast she was hit with a wave of nausea and lost her meal right there on the front lawn. Of course her carpool had to pull up right then.

More hard work that day snagged her the promotion she’d been working for finally.

The promotion meant she was able to repair the fire damage to her kitchen since the department had only given her $190 to fix a counter and a stove.


With her mood as high as it was she didn't even mind having to repair the sink in the bathroom. As usual getting to her workout routine wasn't a problem either.

Halfway into her workout the realization suddenly dawned on her that her little project had been a success, she was pregnant.

The next morning she called her boss and informed her she’d have to take some time off. Missing work was one of the big downsides to having a baby, it was really going to stall her progress toward that next promotion. The other downside was the constant waffle cravings which were really going to make staying in shape a difficult task, never mind that she was supposed to gain weight.

The toilet seemed to have it out for her, breaking for the third time that week alone.




The maternity leave did leave plenty of time to catch up on the household chores and as always after chores came the work out.


After her boring day of chores and workouts was done she found herself down at one of the dance clubs downtown. She was relieved when she spotted another pregnant woman in the building.
“I was worried I was the only woman on the planet that couldn't just sit at home!” She said after introducing herself to Makena.
“I know what you mean! I was going crazy just sitting around… I finally just told Erick I was getting out of their before I lost my mind.” Makena laughed. “Did your husband give you a hard time too?”
“No husband to worry about.” She said shrugging. Up until that moment Adrianna hadn't thought about Fall or the fact that he didn't know about the baby. She supposed she should tell him but at this stage it was a little late so she pushed it to the back of her mind.

Once chatting got boring she headed off to the dance floor and showed off her moves. She didn't care if she was looking ready to pop she was having a blast.

“Hey Adrianna.” Her partner Jarred greeted her enthusiastically, clearly having had too much to drink.
“Oh hey, how are you holding up without me?”
“It’s been quiet.”
“Well only a little longer and I’ll be back busting your chops.”

 She’d shared small talk with Jarred for a while before excusing herself for the bathroom. When she was on her way out she noticed that maybe Jarred should have excused himself as well.





**********

Kind of a boring chapter but she really didn't do that much while she was pregnant. I couldn't resist adding Jarred's accident, he had plenty of time to get to the bathroom but just stood there. 






















2 comments:

  1. HAHAAAA Oh, Jared, you silly man!
    Well, I wonder if Fall will find out ever, and what he'll do if he finds out he was tricked.
    I hope she'd made the right desicion here, although she really knows how to get her own way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LO, well, Sim pee accidents never fail to amuse!
    Look forward to seeing the baby!

    ReplyDelete