Monday, January 28, 2013

Adrianna: Five



When she first looked at the caller ID Adrianna wasn't sure if she really wanted to answer. Sure he’d been cute and a nice distraction but she’d just had a baby. While an early morning booty call was an unusual thing it was the likely reason he was calling. Deciding she was lonely and could use some adult company for a while she answered.


“I’m not going to get any trouble from that vampire am I?” Isidro asked as she led him into the house.
“Who Fall? He’s married.” She said making a dismissive hand gesture.
“Good, I wouldn't want him to get in the way of our fun.” He smiled suggestively.



“And what fun would that be?” Adrianna wrapped her arms around his neck and stepped closer. His answer came in the form of a kiss. “Shall we take this to the bedroom?”




Once Isidro had left Adrianna tended to Gemma who’d just woken up then went about making some brunch.


The next days flew by in a rush and before she knew it she was just days away from returning to work. As much as she loved  being with Gemma she was incredibly excited to get back to the daily grind so she made sure to make her workouts extra hard.


Of course sometimes fate has other plans, as Adrianna quickly discovered she wasn't feeling so great. A quick trip to the doctor revealed that more maternity leave was on the horizon.


As she shuffled lazily to bed that night she wondered how she was going to deal with two babies. Gemma was only a couple days from her birthday but from what she’d been told toddlers were even harder. She closed her eyes that night hoping that she’d at least get enough rest for the next day.




Gemma of course didn't have sleeping in on her mind and woke up extra early the next morning.


“Oh Gem, what am I going to do?” She sighed as she scooped her up. “At least you’ll have someone to play with… you’ll like that won’t you?” Gemma gurgled and Adrianna took that as a yes.


After settling Gemma down she headed for the living room for a workout. While she went through her routine she thought about Isidro. She’d lucked out with Fall not being difficult but she wasn't sure she’d get lucky twice. Maybe telling him right away would be best this time.


Decision made she scheduled a baby sitter and headed down to the club that night to tell him the news.
“Hello beautiful.” He said as she walked up to him. “To what do I owe the… what’s wrong you look upset?”


“I’m not upset… but you might be.” She told him. “Remember the other day?”
“How could I forget.” He said with a wicked smile. She couldn't believe what a cheese ball he was how had she not noticed this before?
“Well I uh… I went to the doctor and I’m pregnant.” She braced herself for the reaction.


“Oh hey congratulations… I bet your little one will be happy to have a sibling.” He said taking her completely by surprise.
“That’s it?” She asked.
“Yeah, you like kid’s right? I just figured you’d be happy.” He shrugged.
“You realize it’s yours right?” She asked him carefully noticing the small amount of anger bubbling to the surface.
“Well… I don’t know about that one Adrianna let’s be honest.”


“Are you KIDDING me? You just assume the baby isn't yours?” She shouted at him, not really sure why she was upset after all she could just let him think he wasn't the father and never hear from him again.
“What are the odds like 1 in 20?” He asked brushing lent off his shoulder nonchalantly.
“You think I've slept with 20 other men?” She shrieked. “For your information buddy you were one of the lucky two I let grace my sheets and I’m beginning to seriously regret that!”


“Alright calm down, I’ll take a DNA test and if that says its mine I’ll send you the checks.” He said lowering his voice and looking around. There wasn't really anyone around to overhear their fight but he was obviously worried.
“I don’t want your stupid money! I don’t want you anywhere near me or this baby.” She yelled loudly.
“Good then it’s settled.” He said crossing his arms. “Now get the hell out of my club.”
“Gladly, it sucks here anyway!” She said as she stormed off.


When she woke up that night with more nausea all she could think was how she hoped this baby wasn't a boy, boys turned into men and men were jerks.




***********
As I said before the kids are coming quickly as well as updates until I catch up because I am pretty far ahead in game.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay babies!! Boo absent fathers!
    Though, I suppose this is what she wanted. A baby without the hassel of a man, maybe she should have been more careful what she wished for... :/

    ReplyDelete